For those of you that are new to SEO or in the process of reading or studying up on what Search Engine Optimisation is, you undoubtedly would have come across the term “backlink” at least once if not more.
So what are backlinks? Simply put backlinks, or incoming links are inward links that are directed to your web site or a blog. Also knows as Inbound links (IBL’s) they are links from a variety of other websites that link to your website.
Backlinks are essential in terms of Search Engine Optimisation and Link Building because the more high quality and relevant in-links the more the chance your site to come on top of search engines index, it is also a good indication of the popularity or importance of that website. Backlinks are important for SEO because some search engines, especially Google, will give more credit to websites that have a good number of quality backlinks, and consider those websites more relevant than others in their results pages for a search query.
Today we will be looking at some SEO tools that check your back link profile: This may be useful for:
- Drop in SEO rankings especially if you have just re-launched your site but forgotten to do a back link analysis to not lose that all important link juice from your hard earned links
- Penguin, if you were hit by this Google update its important to know what “bad links” are the cause so you can remove them.
- Competitors, spying on the competitor’s so you too can rank well.
Our preferred list of Free Backlink tools are:
- Site Link Analyzer by SEOChat not only reports on both external and internal page links but also shows useful information on anchor text and link nofollow attribute.
- LinkVendor displays all internal and external links of a website with the corresponding anchor texts in a summary table.
- Scrapebox is a contentious piece of software some see it as black hat but we love it. Not only is it a good Backlink Checker, but also a WHOIS Checker, link extracter nad competitor finder
- Opensiteexplorer.org is Moz’s Open Site Explorer is Moz’s Search Engine for Links. It’s fairly reliable and gives a good picture of a site’s quality (backlinks).
- SEOkicks is a German tool. We like it because of how easy it is to use and the ability to instantly export into a CSV. The only down side to this tool is its written completely in German.
So there you have it some great Free tools for checking your back links.Back Link Analysis, Competitor Analysis, Link Building
Categorised in: Local SEO company