What does keyword rank mean?
Page Rank is a benchmark of your website’s position for a particular keyword search term in a search engine’s’ results pages.
How the the density of your keywords search relates to your webpage’s position on a search engine.
The lower the rank, the better your website is ranked for that keyword.
A keyword is a word or phrase that is content significant. Searchers use keywords as a way to identify and actualize the search criteria in which they’re looking for more information. Businesses create content around relevant topics to prioritise keywords to attract traffic, this helps them them rank their pages and content in search engines.
Websites with a higher ranking, which Search Engine’s remember, get a higher search priority.
Understanding Page Ranking and Keyword Research involves a combination of variables that determine how well your site performs in Search Engines :
- Incoming links to your site.
- The relevancy of the pages linking to your site and the ranking of these pages.
- The keywords that other sites use to link to your site.
- The keywords on your website in particular in places like page titles and headlines.
The Randomness of Search Engine’s
Actively tracking and investigating your Rankings is all good in theory, but unfortunately there is a random element in search engine results.
Search Engines argue that his is merely a lack of understanding of the algorithms that are being used, but in trying to get traffic you will find that, Search Engines do have a “Ghost in the Machine”
What your SEO supplier should know and do about your Ranking
- That your Keywords are being properly researched and executed
- Good Quality Back-Links are being aggregating regularly
- That your Website content has been properly reviewed and setup
- Regular Articles are being published with quality content
Always be sure that your SEO Supplier is providing you with a Monthly SEO Report that details your website and Keyword Page Ranking.